Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Introducing Lazy Bride


In junior high, I was in love with the idea of dramatic love.  I was a quirky kid who read books about the disappearance of the rainforest and became anxious about the dying Amazonian frogs.  I listened to the Indigo Girls, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, and Tracy Chapman.  I fell for songs about lost love, unrequited love, gut wrenching love.  While I loved love in my teenage years, I never dreamt about my wedding or whom I would marry.  Those thoughts seemed out of my range and even too traditional.  I was going to become a writer and writers, good writers, don’t marry!

So, what happens when that quirky, asthmatic kid falls in love with another quirky kid who used to collect Garbage Pail Kids?  They decide to get married and take on the task of planning a wedding for under $10,000.  Throw into the mix that my fiancé and I are not big picture people, we do not organize life in a clear or even logical manner.  It often takes us thirty minutes to decide where to go to dinner.  It should be noted that we usually end up at the first place one of us suggested hangry and bitter towards one another.  However, the biggest challenge here is to not spend the money allocated for alcohol before any of the wedding festivities begin.

And so it begins…

1 comment: