Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Dress: Part 1


A few weeks ago, I went with a good friend to look for my wedding dress.  We went to a funky boutique in Lawrenceville to see if I could find a colorful and fun dress.  I went through the racks, walked in circles, smelled candles, looked at price tags, felt overwhelmed by all the planning that would soon ensue for the event and I gave up.  This entire routine took less than 20 minutes to complete.  I’ve never been one to enjoy shopping and, in all honesty, I didn’t see anything that I loved. I may hate to shop but I want to love my wedding dress, I want it to fit my personality.  

I turned to my friend Lisa and said, “I think I’m good.  Want to go get a drink?”  Lisa, who wears adorable vintage outfits on a daily basis, was in her element and ready to help.  She suggested going to more shops and fully tackling the task.  But, I know Lisa really well, and I know that she loves margaritas just as much as I do, so I suggested instead that we cross the street and get a few pitchers of drinks.  Five minutes later, we were sitting at the neighborhood cantina enjoying our sangria and margaritas.  I felt like I had accomplished something, even if it was only a 20 minute shopping excursion, but at least it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment